Beginners or experienced fencers are welcome. We also have the facility for wheel chair fencers.
Monday 6-8pm Junior (age 8+)
Monday 7-9pm Adult/ Experienced juniors
Thursday 7-9pm Adult/ Experienced juniors
Annual membership fee of £30.
Visitors are very welcome – £10 for an evening of freeplay.
Monthly charges – by standing order
One evening £35
Two evenings £66
If you wish to attend on a third evening and already pay for 2 by standing order, the extra sessions are £5 per evening.
Lessons – these need to be pre – booked and prepaid.
Lesson – £40 for 5 * 15 minute lessons or £10 for 1 lesson
Please click here and download the Membership-form-2017-18
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Beginners sessions – these need to be pre-booked and prepaid.
These consist of a course of 5 sessions for £40 – we will provide safety equipment and weapons.
The courses are available in all 3 weapons, Epee, Foil and Sabre.
Please contact email@example.com for booking, further information and membership forms.
We would ask that you wear suitable footwear (trainers not outdoor shoes), thick tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt.
We have some equipment which can be borrowed during the session, although we would recommend that you invest in proper fencing clothing eventually. We can advise on what you do and don’t need to buy and can offer a discount on equipment purchases made through the club. To make an order please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to bring a water bottle!
We have club kit for sale; hoodies £25 and wicking tshirts £15 – to order please Contact us now
NEWCASTLE FENCING CENTRE Unit 3 Benfield Business Park, Benfield Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6
Directions to the venue (by car):
From South (A1):
Take A19 turning from A1, travel through Tyne Tunnel (toll about £1.20) at first roundabout take the Coast Road A1058 towards Newcastle.
From North (A1):
Follow signs for A19, at Silverlink roundabout (large shopping/ cinema complex on LHS) take A1058 towards Newcastle.
Leave Coast Road (A1058) at Benfield Road, Crosslings plumbing supplies is on the junction. Drive down Benfield Road, Crosslings on LHS, Benfield Renault on LHS, Franks Carpets on LHS, go under the railway bridge, take next turning on RHS, there is a huge white sign saying Benfield Business Park. Keep to the left at the fork in the road, enter the Business Park, drive to security kiosk then park on LHS. We are in unit B3 opposite security kiosk.
Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
- The Club wants to provide an enjoyable environment for all juniors who wish to fence at the club.
- We believe that children and young people have the right to be safe, secure and free from threat.
- We believe that young people have the right to be treated with respect, and to have their concerns listened to and acted upon.
- We will ensure that the club provides for the needs of junior members through specific programmes, designated facilities, and safe practice.
- We have adopted the detailed practice and procedures set out in British Fencing Child Protection Policy and Procedures. We will offer help and support when a child or young person appears to be at risk or tells us that they are affected by abuse.
- We will take steps to ensure that any club volunteers or professionals working with children are suitable to do so, through the use of references and background checks. We will ensure that all relevant people have been vetted and approved through the Criminal Record Bureau disclosure process.
- Our Child protection officer is Jacqui Dixon and can be contacted via email@example.com